The Information Systems Security Association (ISSA) is an international organization dedicated to providing various learning and growth opportunities at the local and international level for individuals working within the information security field at all levels. Through a network of chapters within the United States and internationaly, members are able to have a voice in information security and be heard. Joining ISSA at the national level allows an individual to select a primary and secondary chapter to be affiliated with, and we encourage you to select the Northeast Ohio Chapter as your home chapter.
ISSA Membership Benefits (Local Chapter)
- Attend local Northeast Ohio ISSA events
- Participate in the Northeast Ohio ISSA chapter as a board member or committee member (if applicable)
- Receive discounts for local information security events when available
- Network with peers through chapter events, at other organization events, and through online social networking sites such as LinkedIn and MeetUp.
- Access to members only sections of the Northeast Ohio ISSA website.
- Continuing prefessional education (CPE) credits for chapter meetings and other chapter events.
ISSA Membership Benefits (National)
- Received monthly printed and/or electronic copies of the ISSA Journal. This publication serves as a great source of news articles and in-depth analysis of topics covering the entire information security spectrum.
- Access to archived copies of the ISSA Journal and other educational material contained within the ISSA International website.
- Webcasts, forums, and online events sponsored by ISSA International.
- Discounts for educational events and various conferences where available.
- The ability to run for both local chapter officer positions as well as international board and committee positions.
- Employment tools for those seeking employment as well as those who need to find qualified candidates.
- Networking opportunities through online events and social networking sites such as LinkedIn.
- Continuing prefessional education (CPE) credits for various activities including webcasts and attending events.
Membership Types & Dues
There are currently a number of membership types available that provide flexible options for students, individuals, executives, and organizations. Please review the Membership Types (http://www.issa.org/Join/Membership-Types.html) page at the ISSA International site for additional information. This will also provide information on the yearly dues for membership and information on the chapters that exist based on geographical location. We encourage you to select the Northeast Ohio ISSA chapter as your home chapter. A small portion of the yearly dues are provided to local chapters to continue organizing and providing chapter meetings and other activities.
Please contact any member of the Northeast Ohio ISSA chapter board of directors for additional informaiton on the benefits of joining and how this would be a good investment for you or your company.
Please us this link to JOIN ONLINE (http://www.issa.org/Join/Join-Online.html).